KIA ORA ALL!
Have I got a treat for you *wink*.
It’s about time I gifted you, my fabulous reader, with another LornaLove gift. So I am ///SUPER ||| EXCITED\\\ to present you with this FREE printable designed by moi, *Cheer!* You can hang these GEO:GEMS, or place on a shelf, table, desk. OR, you could string them into a garland. Go wild my friend!
All I ask is that you use it for personal use only, not commercial. Feel free to share, but do ensure to credit LornaLove and LINK back to the website. JOLLY:GOOD.
By the way, my idea was inspired by my hero:ness Kate over at minieco here.
P>S My baby/kids range of cushions, prints, decals, blankets and lamps are coming VERY SOON! *squealing with delight*
Here are the pdf’s and the instructions follow. As usual, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts. Perhaps you get inspired and design your own ones? xox
GEO:GEMS you will need:
- Geo Gem 1,2,3,4 printed onto light card
- Craft knife
- Cutting board [or something to cut on]
- Double sided tape
- String or thread for hanging if desired.
- Print the 4 gem pdf’s onto light card.
- Using a sharp craft knife and ruler, cut the gems out.
p.s These images show previous designs that I ended up changing.
- Using the ruler and craft knife, ‘score’ the dotted lines. These are the lines that need to be folded and scoring creates a clean fold. What the hell is ‘scoring’ you ask?!? It’s when you press LIGHTLY with the craft knife so that you don’t make a complete cut through the card, but instead leave an indent that will fold nicely. You can also use a sharp pin to do this.
- If you are going to hang the geo:gems, cellotape a loop of string or cotton thread onto the inside. Let the string hang out of the gem at a point where you would like to hang it.
- Place double sided tape onto all the flaps. I placed the tape on, then trimmed to fit the flap.
- Bend all the necessary sides. Take the double sided tape off and stick together. It does get a little tricky when sticking the last parts together.
- Hang the little gem-licious geo:gems!