Mojito on a stick waaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
I adapted this recipe from the glorious Heather Baird at SprinkleBakes. Her work is SENSATIONAL and my efforts don’t measure up. I have been eager to blog about one her recipes and this one seemed perfect : quite LornaLove-ish. Heather’s recipe uses cheesecake, but I decided to make it easier and use Mascarpone cheese. I think the result is pretty blimmin yummo! If you don’t like the flavours of mint and lime, then this won’t be your cup of tea…..but if you do like mint and lime and love a good mojito : check this simple treat out my people.
Here is your classic mojito : white rum, fresh lime, mint, sugar, soda….
Here is the recipe : ENJOY : let me know your thoughts and how this recipe goes for you xx
400g of mascarpone cheese
4 – 5 Limes : rind & juice
2 teaspoons raw sugar
2 capfuls of Mount Gay Rum or any white rum : use less or more to desired taste
250 g Dark chocolate : I used Whittaker’s 72% dark chocolate
Cocktail sticks or pop sticks or something similar
- Combine mascarpone cheese, chopped mint leaves (approx 10 leaves), lime juice, lime rind, raw sugar and rum. I used a big spoon to mix. Adjust the amount of these ingredients to suit your taste. Start by adding small amounts and build it up to your desired strength. I like it really tangy and minty, so I added loads of lime rind and mint leaves.
- Put the mascarpone mix in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate. I put my chocolate in a glass bowl big enough to fit over a small pot of simmering hot water. The bowl shouldn’t touch the water. Stir chocolate often until it is melted. Let cool slightly as the mascarpone mixture will just melt too much if the chocolate is too hot.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the mascarpone mix into small balls with your hands.
- If you dip the balls into the chocolate they will just melt and make a mess, so my trick was to put a small amount of chocolate onto the baking paper, place a ball on and then drizzle chocolate over it.
- Decorate with some lime rind, chopped mint and sugar (before the chocolate hardens).
- Insert your cocktail stick.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.